Time to start thinking about your holiday cards. Here is a very pretty card and so easy. Try the For Unto Us / Merry Melody.
- Stamp Set(s):
For Unto Us (153335), Christmas Season (156293)
- Card Stock: Whisper White Thick (159229), Whisper White (159276), Night of Navy (100867)
- Designer Series Paper: Beauty of the Earth (155841)
- Stamp Pad(s) and Ink(s): Misty Moonlight (153118), Versamark (102283)
- Dies and Embossing Folder(s): Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder (156392), Evergreen Forest 3D Embossing Folder (153576), Stitched Rectangles dies (151820), Seasonal Labels dies (156299)
- Embellishments: Holiday Rhinestones (150457), 1-½” Metallic Mesh Ribbon (153550)
- Tools: Heart Punch Pack (151292), Heat Tool (129053), Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653), Blending Brushes (153611), Basics Embossing Powders (155554), Bone Folder (102300)
- Thick Basic White card base – 8-½” x 5-½”, scored in half at 4-¼”
- Night of Navy layer – 4-⅛” x 5-⅜”
- DSP layer – 4” x 5-¼”
- White scrap for 3rd largest stitched rectangle
- Night of Navy scrap for Seasonal Label die
- White scrap for scalloped heart punch
- Fold card base and adhere Navy and DSP layers.
- Cut white layer with the 3rd largest Stitched Rectangle die and run it through the Merry Melody 3D embossing folder.
- Emboss sentiment in white embossing powder on Night of Navy scrap and heat set. Cut out using the Seasonal Labels die.
- Using the Blending Brush in Misty Moonlight ink, add a gradient in the middle of the embossed layer so it will show behind the label.
- Cut a scalloped heart from white cardstock and cut in half as shown. Trim one half as shown cutting off about 5 bumps from the top curve and an S curve on the inside. Then line up the other side on top to match the cut so both wings are symmetrical. Run through the Evergreen Forest 3D embossing folder to mimic feathers. Curl slightly with a bone folder so the top of the wing curves down, it curves up, down and the tips are up again.
- Put dimensionals on the back of the sentiment label. Add wings behind and add more dimensionals on those. (The sentiment label will be 2 dimensionals high so double up in some areas as needed.)
- Adhere embossed layer to card front. Add a dimensional label with wings. Sprinkle with Navy rhinestones. Wrap an 18” length of 1-½” Metallic Mesh Ribbon around the seam of the card and tie in a bow near the top.
- Stamp “Glory to the Newborn King” on the inside in Misty Moonlight.
- Stamp the envelope using the Christmas Season stamp set. Find the 2-step stamping 5 leaf images. Using Misty Moonlight ink stamp off for the full leaf image and full strength for the shadow image on both the front and flap.
If you like the For unto us / Merry Melody card, visit the page Peaceful Place Painted Christmas Card – Stamping with Lisa (lisastamps.com) for another Christmas cardProduct List
June’s host code is ZKYND97F